Home Forum Show it off! Prusa i3

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michael 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gregington

My MakerFarm Prusa i3 kit arrived on Friday, so I had a very busy weekend. I went for the kit to make it easy on myself for my first 3D printer.

I got the Magma hot end, which is MakerFarm’s current recommendation (though I’ve heard mixed reviews). It doesn’t do PLA, so it’s ABS for me for the near future.

The frame is laser cut ply and went together reasonably easily, though I did manage to build a few components the wrong way round. The supplied instructions are reasonably good, and are mostly in the form of YouTube videos. The build took most of the weekend, so the advertised 3 hours build time is a bit optimistic.

The kit is complete expect for power supply (which Dwayne is sourcing for me) and glass bed. The supplied bed dimensions were a couple of mm smaller than advertised, so it’s back to get another piece of glass cut for the bed.

The cost, including 1kg of filament and shipping was 830 AUD, which I think is alright.

Now to see how it prints…

Michael
    Participant

What sort of power supply do you need ?

gregington

I need 12V with a minimum of 17A. Dwayne’s already got one on order for me, so it’s just a case of waiting for it to arrive.

Michael
    Participant

No worries, thought it might have been 24 volt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.