Home Forum Request for help Plastic Engraving

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jenova 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jenova

Hi Guys
    Not to sure if this is aloud of if this is the right section

I’m looking at getting a piece of perspex cut out and engraved (for car a stereo fascia)
    Just wandering if some is interested in a little cashie, Just a note the engraving is quite small
    Unfortunately my engraver at work cant fit the size material i would like to use

Thanks
    Mick

Paul Kelly
    Participant

A few of us have laser cutters that can do the job..
    PK

Jenova

Thanks for the faster reply paul

I think a diamond drag or a small rotary bit for engraving will be better due to the fact that it will produce a cloudy white finish which is what I’m looking to active as my surface will be painted but I’m Also open to ideas if laser will achieve this

Paul Kelly
    Participant

We get a cloudy white (if I understand correctly) by raster engraving a solid shape at low power and high speed.
    PK

Jenova

That should turn out perfect, how will the last go with a painted surface (as in terms of heat and pealing surrounding paint)

I would need to provide the material as it going to be painted before engraved

Is this something that you would be interested in Paul?

thanks
    Mick

Paul Kelly
    Participant

If it’s a one off then I’m happy to do the job..Get some spares or scraps! You can expect to take a few goes to get it right. Work on the laser doing the cutting too..

PK

Jenova

Sweet, that would be fantastic, Yep would only be a one off
    What would be the best way to contact you ? Email ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.