Home Forum General Chat Introductions Newbie introduction

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jacek Gonsalves 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Clive Myers

Hi all,
    My name is Clive from Greenwood in Perth.
    I have a lifetime of building things and have a fair woodworking setup.
    If you have access to woodworking forums you can see some of the things I have built http://www.woodworkforums.com/album.php?albumid=144

My background is in electronics and computing, currently looking for work as I was contracting to government and we all know how successful that is at the moment…

Anyway I am currently building my own design CNC router (linear motion rails, running mach3) and have sorted out the electronics, installed a VFD and spindle (re-earthed everything and sorted most noise problems) and am current rebuilding the physical frame to compensate for my lack of knowledge in the original design phase.
    This is where I have my query. As I am not working at the moment does anyone with a CNC shop have need of someone to do general casual work and learn on the job either paid or unpaid as I am easily bored and want to work and particularly learn more about CNC as I would like to make some money from my investment at some stage.

I look forward to contributing and learning from this site and people with the same interests and I am prepared to help anyone who is going through the same issues I have just been through with the electronics in particular. Please feel free to contact me.

Jacek Gonsalves
    Participant

Welcome to the forums Clive, you have some pretty good woodworking projects there.

I’m looking at building a small CNC machine at some stage this year, perhaps I can seek some advice from yourself in the future.

Good luck in finding some CNC work out there..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.