Home Forum General Chat Introductions New member in North Lake

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Pedro 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, I’m an electronic engineer living in Perth (have for a while). I love working with like-minded people, and enjoy both helping out with interesting projects and spreading skills and knowledge around as much as I can. I have a variety of expertise and experience in projects ranging through from software development on android, microcontroller firmware, PCB design and manufacture, 3D printing, wireless systems, and just general electronics hacking.

I look forward to seeing what interesting things makers around Perth are building, and if anyone wants some advice or a chat, I’m happy to help.

Tom Wilson

Paul Kelly
    Participant

Hi Tom. Sounds like we have a lot in common. I have a little electronics design/manufacturing business in Bibra Lake and dabble in rocketry in my spare time.

What sort of work do you do ?
    PK

Consulting/contracting, at the moment. Mostly custom electronics and prototyping. Your name rings a bell, I suspect we’ve actually met before several years ago – my dad and I came by to pick up something he’d bought from you (steppers? ebay?), and I vaguely remember a nitrous oxide powered rocket engine attached to a workbench out the back.

Paul Kelly
    Participant

🙂 Sounds like me…

Jacek Gonsalves
    Participant

Welcome Thomas, I’m located in Bibra lake.
    You’ve come to the right place! 🙂

Pedro
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Do you ever come down to the Southern Forests area?

If so, I’d like to extend an invitation for you to visit my workshop.

Apart from general interest, there might be a few things here that you could help with. Installing a workshop LAN is one that comes to mind immediately. Perhaps help with my antenna mast/3G/wifi internet/phone access project? Firmware on my laser. Other stuff.

Free accommodation in holiday land, as well as appropriate remuneration.

There is also an Android app and sensor system that I would like to see the light of day. A low volume, high value application.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.