Home Forum General Chat Introductions New guy in Bibra Lake

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jacek Gonsalves 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jacek Gonsalves
    Participant

Hi all,

I just moved into Bibra Lake and i’m into all types of things. Started in photography for a couple of years and have moved into jewellery, pottery, aquaponics, wood working, permaculture and electronics in the last 4 years.
    Projects i’m working on or at some point in the future:
    Photography: Work with film and digital. Make alternative emulsion: cyanotypes, gum bichromate..
    Jewellery: Lost Wax Casting objects – building a vaccuum casting machine. Got basic skills in enameling, keum boo, silversmithing. Usually make wax rings and get them cast.
    Pottery: Throwing mainly, basic slip casting and mould making. Looking at making Islamic tiles for the kitchen..
    Aquaponics: very small scale, got a 150 litre barrel with gold fish and vege plants growing in it. Have a small aquarium and growbed of assorted plants.
    Permaculture: got 4 chooks! Worm farm and looking at breeding black soldier flies (grubs) for the chooks.
    Woodworking: building picture frames and coming up with a jig to cut glass. Looking to make my own workbench and some dovetail drawers at some point.

Electronics: I have very basic skills in this.
    I’m building a Kiln PID controller which is 90% wired up.
    I have the G540 Gecko controller with 3 Nema motors, once I get a CNC design planned out I’m going to get the ball screws etc.
    Wiring a Metz 60 flash to be manually set.
    Working on building a rust removal tank with soda ash, carbon rods and a battery charger. Have some old hammers that are rusty ๐Ÿ™‚
    Would like to use the CNC machine to laser print on B&W Photographic paper or acetate. One of the issues of alternative photographic emulsions is contact printing. You can either go the route of printing ink on transparency or laser printing. Though I need to learn more about lasers! As I’d like to also get into holography and make my own plates.
    Would love to build a sterolithography laser printer one day, would help in designing rings for casting in silver ๐Ÿ™‚

Would love to get in the community here and learn ๐Ÿ™‚

Here are some photos I’ve taken:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/jagnight/with/3585686652/

Cheers
    Jg

Andrew Molnar
    Participant

Welcome Jg, I think we have a lot to learn from you :-), there is always someone here that can help.

I opted for the easy way out for my rust removal 1kg Deox-C (http://www.bilthamber.com/corrosion-treatments/deox-c), 24hours in the solution take item out, wash in clean water and dry. Back to bare metal and will NOT rust again.

Andrew Molnar

Paul Kelly
    Participant

I’ve done a bit of sand casting in Al, have a small electric furnace.
    Done a reasonable amount of CNC building and retrofits
    Have a business in Bibra Lake.
    Drop me a PM if you feel like dropping by….
    PK

Jacek Gonsalves
    Participant

Thanks Andrew! That looks like the way to go.

PK will definately have to drop by your business ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.