Home Forum General Chat Introductions Hi from Adrian in Fremantle

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Andrew-MOAMind 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Nice to be here.

For a long time I’ve been wanting to learn how to weld and do general metalwork which I never did at school. I’m particularly interested in making my own tools. The biggest barrier has been places to learn and access to tools.

Welcome Adrian!
    Unfortunately I can’t help you with either the tools or a place to learn, but there should be a few people around here that could point you in the right direction.

Jacek Gonsalves
    Participant

Welcome Adrian, I too am learning to weld. I have my dad’s old stick (never used) that I want to crank up…but got no idea how to use it! Send me a private message and we can get it running 🙂
    What sort of tools do you want to make?

Paul Kelly
    Participant

Assume y’all found this site: http://welding-tv.com/video-of-the-week/
    Subscribe to his feed, he’s an excellent mix of theory and experience…
    PK

Andrew-MOAMind
    Participant

Hi Adrian.

There is certainly a few people around with some welding and fabricating chops.

Our typical meetups typically don’t have any metal fabrication demos however if there is interest we can certainly look into doing something. Maybe a weekend introduction course with a few people.

Failing that the mens shed groups sometimes have metal working facilities or short tafe courses will often cover rudimentary metal working, panel beating etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.