Home Forum The Makers Workshop 3D Print talk Finally…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andrew-MOAMind Andrew-MOAMind 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andrewM
    andrewM
    Participant

It seems to have taken me forever but I finally feel confident enough to show off my printer so far. All that remains to be done is add the glass bed and connect the heat bed, install a hotend and make a filament holder. Please excuse the poor quality of the pics. I uploaded some test code to test the stepper motors and have been pleasantly suprised at how smooth the movement is, I was quite nervous that my build quality would not be sufficient. Still playing reading up on how to calibrate it to work with merlin firmware.

[media=youtube]7hunh0tB1KU[/media]

Profile photo of Andrew-MOAMind
    Andrew-MOAMind
    Participant

Getting there!!!
    Nice to see some progress on the project. Before long you will be dialing it in and melting plastic.

Any plans for your first print?

Profile photo of parkview
    parkview
    Participant

Looks robust! Looking fwd to reading more about the controller integration side of things.

Profile photo of andrewM
    andrewM
    Participant

Well..my first ‘real’ one will probably be the obligatory owl I suspect. I’m toying around with building an arduino-based weather station atm, so thinking that a few components for that would be next.

Of course the kids (now that they can see it actually moving) have also made their suggestions so it may be some time before I actually print something I want!

Profile photo of andrewM
    andrewM
    Participant

Has it really been 8 months?? I had to fix a problem with my gantry as it wasn’t staying level.  Whilst calibrating the stepper motor drivers I managed to short out a couple and I also managed to blow a mega board.

<p style=”text-align: left;”></p>
    But everything is now complete.  Over the past couple of months I have printed out some fairly small bits and pieces (less than 5cm sq and 1 cm tall) so this was my first big test. I forgot to configure slicer to handle overhangs so i that a couple of bits didn’t turn out as well as they could but otherwise i am pretty happy with it

Profile photo of andrewM
    andrewM
    Participant

Profile photo of Andrew-MOAMind
    Andrew-MOAMind
    Participant

Looks great Andrew, glad to see it spitting out parts for you. Whats next in the print queue?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.