Home Forum Request for help CNC/Concrete coffee table design help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Kelly 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Maverick
    Participant

Hi guys, new to the board here… Just curious if anyone can help me get this going.

I would like to create a concrete coffee table, with modular designs.

What I was thinking is to arrange square designs cnc milled in wood approx 4-5mm deep and from there I would make a silicone mold from it. Lastly concrete copies, create a table base and place the squares inside of it.

Does that make sense? Will it be costly to cnc? Any help would be appreciated.

Below is a graphic of my design.

Dwayne
    Dwayne
    Participant

I saw this whilst browsing for router bits. Could be a half decent method for your table….not sure about the concrete though.

Maverick
    Participant

Pretty cool mate, wouldnt have a clue where to start though… no hardware on my end. 🙂

Paul Kelly
    Participant

This would be a fairly simple if you had a DXF of the table top. Sharp inside corners mean small cutters and longer machining times, if you kept them >=1.5mm you should be fine.  You may want to consider cutting the master from plastic.  A little more expensive than wood, but it’d require no finishing…

We’re flat out this month, but we could cut that for you. We would need you to have a DXF/DWG drawing of the whole thing though..

Happy to do it for materials + a carton..

PK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.