Home Forum Show it off! Arduino Tutorials

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ScottC 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ScottC
    Participant

I discovered the Arduino a few years ago. Intrigued by this little microcontroller, and having no electronics background, I decided that I would blog about my learning experience. They say one of the best ways to learn something is to teach someone else. And that is exactly what my ArduinoBasics blog is all about. I learn how to do something with the Arduino, and then teach others how I did it.

Three years on, I have created more than 30 Arduino tutorials: From simple LEDs, to Ultrasonic sensors, neural networks, bluetooth communication and more. I never realised that I would have taken it this far. But it is fun, so I keep doing it.

Come have a look at my new “Projects Page” which has links to all of my project tutorials and videos.

Let me know what you think.

Regards
    ScottC

Perth, WA

Pedro

Nice going Scott. That XBee tutorial looks very helpful. I have the bits here and have been meaning to get around to putting them together, so that could come in very handy.

Keep up the good work!

ScottC
    Participant

Pedro, post: 2523, member: 658 wrote: Nice going Scott. That XBee tutorial looks very helpful.

Thanks Pedro !

I think the XBee tutorial might be a bit outdated… I really have to go back and revisit a few of them to check if they still work.

But the XBee tutorial (as it stands today) should at least get you on the right track !!

Andrew-MOAMind
    Participant

The big challenge with XBees is picking the right units to begin with the v2.5 units with mesh networking are a lot more complicated to get started with compared to the v1 units which can be used as plug in transparent wireless serial links.

It is great to see people writing up their experiences and sharing what they have found, thanks scott

ScottC
    Participant

Yes Andrew, and now there are so many different wireless communication channels available to the Arduino. Some are very affordable, including the RF and IR transmitters and receivers.
    It just depends on the project needs and how far the communication channel needs to be.

Once my XBee was set up correctly, it was pretty easy to use. But setting it up took a while to figure out.

Tim B

Hi Scott

I saw your blog after joining here today. Just wanted to say your tutes and projects were Awesome. Clear and well explained instructions, helpfully supported by easy to watch and interesting demo clip. After reviewing about 10 projects, I wanted to order a starter kit – but I can’t afford to go down (yet another) rabbit hole at the moment. Perhaps when the business is cruising.

So, anyway: Good work. And even though your clips prove you have really girly hands for a bloke, I still gave you a +1 anyway! ๐Ÿ™‚ [no offense intended]

BTW – 1.2 million plus page views? Well done on that too.

Tim

ScottC
    Participant

Tim B, post: 2667, member: 781 wrote: Hi Scott

So, anyway: Good work. And even though your clips prove you have really girly hands for a bloke, I still gave you a +1 anyway! ๐Ÿ™‚ [no offense intended]

BTW – 1.2 million plus page views? Well done on that too.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the +1, and the complex about my hands….
    now I am going to have to wear gloves in my videos ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome to WestCoast Makers.

ScottC
    Participant

My Latest tutorial showcases Perth’s Weather.
    Here is the tutorial: http://arduinobasics.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/weather-reporter-temboo-ethernet-and.html

[media=youtube]tyAj9Z0fr1U[/media]

And Tim B: You may have noticed that my hands were a bit shy in this video o_O

ScottC
    Participant

If you have ever wanted to add high quality sound or music to your Arduino projects, then this particular project may be of interest to you:

http://arduinobasics.blogspot.com/2015/03/arduino-boombox.html

I turned an ordinary shoebox, into a very cool Arduino Boombox !!
    Ok – maybe not so cool… but it was fun nonetheless ๐Ÿ™‚

Here is the video:
    [media=youtube]VDRPnEpTKPk[/media]

Hope you like it.

Andrew Molnar
    Participant

Awesome, I bet it cost less than the shoes :-).

ScottC
    Participant

Andrew Molnar, post: 3042, member: 5 wrote: Awesome, I bet it cost less than the shoes :).

Haha – Yes, in fact it did. And now I have both shoes AND music !!
    I reckon Betts would never have thought of making their shoeboxes multifunctional ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.