Home Forum General Chat Introductions 3D Printing Studio in Fremantle

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Angus 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Angus
    Participant

Hey All, I posted early last year about coming over from Syd to Perth. Finally made it. We’re opening a retail studio for 3D printing goodness and I wanted to share the news!

We open 31st of May and will be open 9-5 mon-fri and 10-4 sat. The idea of the space is to cater for newcomers to 3D Printing with classes and in-house design services, but also to provide a printing service. If you want to have a bit of a design and play you can also take advantage of the 3D printing cafe for an hourly fee (high powered laptop with CAD, 3D printer and 3D scanner provided). The studio is located at 72 Marine Tce, Freo.

We also have tonnes of ABS and PLA filament in stock, naturally ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now, coming from a maker background we HUGELY value you guys, so just mention you’re from the Westcoast Maker’s and we’ll take care of you ๐Ÿ™‚ I also believe WCM is still looking for a location? I would like to offer the studio for meet ups, particularly Sundays when the space won’t be used.

Cheers guys!

Angus

3DPrintingStudio.com.au

ps – can be contacted here, or through perth(at)3dprintingstudios(dot)com(dot)au

Andrew-MOAMind
    Participant

Hi Angus.

I think I caught up with you the other week at Enkel. Glad to hear you guys are getting setup. I will have to make my way over to your shop and check it out. We could probably do with another meetup soon so we may take you up on your offer!

Dwayne
    Dwayne
    Participant

Hi Angus,
    Thanks for the offer.
    I might try and catch up with you early June. If not on your opening day!!
    The possibility of getting down on a Sunday is a great idea!
    Cheers
    Dwayne

Angus
    Participant

Hey Andrew, yep we met briefly there. Was hard to get a word in edgewise!

Sounds good Dwayne, keen to meet you.

Angus

-luckyphil-

Angus, post: 2232, member: 98 wrote: Hey All, I posted early last year about coming over from Syd to Perth. Finally made it. We’re opening a retail studio for 3D printing goodness and I wanted to share the news!

We open 31st of May and will be open 9-5 mon-fri and 10-4 sat. The idea of the space is to cater for newcomers to 3D Printing with classes and in-house design services, but also to provide a printing service. If you want to have a bit of a design and play you can also take advantage of the 3D printing cafe for an hourly fee (high powered laptop with CAD, 3D printer and 3D scanner provided). The studio is located at 72 Marine Tce, Freo.

We also have tonnes of ABS and PLA filament in stock, naturally ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now, coming from a maker background we HUGELY value you guys, so just mention you’re from the Westcoast Maker’s and we’ll take care of you ๐Ÿ™‚ I also believe WCM is still looking for a location? I would like to offer the studio for meet ups, particularly Sundays when the space won’t be used.

Cheers guys!

Angus

3DPrintingStudio.com.au

ps – can be contacted here, or through perth(at)3dprintingstudios(dot)com(dot)au

Hey Angus,

Cool news man.

It would be great to see a 3D printing cafe up and running.

Hope to see you on the 31st.

Angus
    Participant

Sounds good!

Here’s a photo of the 3D cafe setup so far – the idea is you get access to a powerful laptop with 3D modelling software + internet, an UP mini 3D printer and a Sense 3D scanner to experiment with.

Using the tools will be on a per hr basis with printing priced per gram. We’re aiming to make the set up as economical as possible to reward enthusiasts and those who have an idea of what they’re doing!

Andrew-MOAMind
    Participant

Hi Angus.

How did things go today? Sorry I couldn’t make it out there, I was the designated mate with a ute today.

I hope it all went well, keen to check it out next week.

Trevor Harrington
    Participant

Eyup,
    Whats the content of your classes and the cost?
    I am a NEWBY and have purchased the Orion Delta.
    Am having problems getting the print to stick to the glass but will plod on regardless.
    Have you thought about doing house call?

cheers

Trevor

Angus
    Participant

Hey Andrew, yeah It went great – usual opening night affair the whole thing is a blur.
    We’re properly open now 9-5 so stop by when you can.

@ Trevor, the beginner classes cover the core 3D printing technologies out there (advantages / disadvantages of each one) and how 3D printing is being used around the world. We walk you through 3d modelling a basic design using a free web based program called tinkercad and print it out during the class.

The Orion Delta looks quite nice, sadly because of how much 3D printers vary and how much time often needs to be invested in maintenance and repair we can’t do house calls, but do offer a care package for the UP Plus, Mini and Makerbots that we sell in store.

Cheers,

Angus

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.