Home Forum The Makers Workshop 3D Print talk 3d Printer Help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dextaslab 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Robbo

Hi Guy’s
    I’m after some help – I can’t get this 3d printer of mine to print anything that’s worthwhile.
    it may be a calibration thing – I don’t know – the prints come out all stringy and the layers don’t seem to be sticking together.
    is there anyone near Hocking that can spend an hour with me to try and get this thing printing better.

The machine is an Ordbot Hadron kit with a rumba controller – not too sure of the name of the extruder or hot end but i have tried 2 different hot ends – tried printing in ABS and pla

I can pay in Beer, Wine, Spirits – Cash if you prefer
    I just need to get this thing printing before I get too frustrated and give up on it.

See the print quality in the printer

I know the machine looks like a mess – that’s because i have had it apart many, many times.

Andrew Molnar
    Participant

Looks very similar to my Prusa build (assembled and wiring it up). I would love to look over someone shoulder to see how to set up the printer.
    I know this doesn’t help you, but maybe Dwayne from Craigie could help???

Robbo

Thanks Andrew – Your more than welcome to drop by and take a look at mine,
    I have one of the guy’s at Autodesk trying to help me remotely via email but it’s hard.

I have a feeling it’s these cheap hot ends or the filament i’m using – Got them from a place in Melbourne
    might have to try a better setup

Any recommendations on extruders and hot ends ?

Clarky
    Participant

This looks like your Z axis isn’t calibrated. I place a business card on the bed and lower the extruder until it just starts gripping. Be sure to do this at different points to make sure the whole bed is level.

Also your steps per unit may need adjusting as well.
    #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {78.7402,78.7402,2519.68,106.707} // default steps per unit for ORD Bot Hadron. If building from a kit, these should be fine but keep it in mind as a possibility.

Make sure all your belts are sufficiently tensioned and there are no overly loose parts

dextaslab

What temperature is your hot end when using PLA/ABS? The layers in the cylinders are either too hot or it’s moving too fast. Bottom layers look kind of squashed. Are you using infill? These are just my opinions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.